Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 54litre tank with plants 1 eel, 1 placo, 4 male cherry barbs 2 female, 4 male guppies and 2 female (they are most beautiful with Picasso style tail fins!). ABout 3 days ago one guppy produced small fry overnight but they were sadly demolished. I think the female that gave birth is the one which is behaving crazy, she cant seem to swim without looking like she should be in a syncronized swim team, twisting turning and diving into the gravel. Whats wrong with her please, I am at a loss. All water tests are perfect, I have an areator set on low and the light is on a 24 hour timer coming on at 9am and off at 9pm, water temp 28.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
perameters

no3 = 0, no2 = 3ish, gh = >10, kh = 0, ph =6.8

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
Re: perameters

deepmitch said:
no3 = 0, no2 = 3ish, gh = >10, kh = 0, ph =6.8
an NO2 (nitrite) level of 3 is very toxic to the fish, do a 10-15% water changes a day, did you cycle your tank? Also what is your NH4 level?

Those results dont seem possible, a KH level of 0????

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Re: perameters

musho3210 said:
Those results dont seem possible, a KH level of 0????
Ryan, this is possible. Adding baking soda will increase the KH. Zero KH will only increase the chances of risking pH crashes thus killing the fish.

·
Registered
627 Posts
my demales do tis before they give birth, they go a bit scatty. it could b stress or shes uncomfortable, it takes about a day or 2 for mine to get over giving birth, its stressful!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts