Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
675 Posts
im not an expert on fish but i did read a book about it and the behavore you were describing on your goldfish sounds like your fish have a crustacean infestation thes are visible to the naked eye and are about the size of a small fruit fly they peirce the fish to feed the cuts on the fish will become infected and the fish will die. the symtoms of this infestation are the fish will swim erraticaly rub against objects and jump you need to remove the infected fish emmediatly remove a quarium decore and emers in a 2 persent bleach sulution to kill remaning eggs no need to feer your fish can be saved a dib for 3 to 10 minutes in a saltwater bath is nessesary to kill the crabs the dip is long unuff to kill the parasites yet to short to kill your fish im not sure the exact salt rashio of salt to water but you can find this on the intenet i dont agree with blue i do NOT belive this has anything to do with your water quality just take a close look at your fish and if youse small parasites emedeitly seek a sulution :!:

·
Registered
675 Posts
a parasitic infecion would also explain the insects in your filter im sorry blue but i dont think this problem has anything to do with the way they are running there tank

·
Registered
675 Posts
true they are not insects but she described them as looking like insects i was not saying the parasites were insects if thats what you thought

1 - 4 of 4 Posts