Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Eddie! I love your discus. They look nicer in appearance than mine. :love:
What size are they? Mine's only about 8 cm at the moment.

You don't have any problems keeping angels and discus together?
I don't have issues keeping both of them in my case.:mrgreen:

Your praecox rainbows and harlies don't seem to approach your bloodworms.:crazy: Whereas mine used to be before they died.:blueworry:
You would be surprised that my praecox rainbows were the only fish killed by columnaris.:blueworry:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
crazie.eddie said:
What kind of discus did you get? How many?
8 discus. 1 was for free and is not really a good specimen(Royal Snakeskin).:roll:
I got 3 Golden Hifin Pigeon, 2 Cobalt Blue, 2 Royal Snakeskin and 1 Blue Diamond.
Only 6 are doing quite well and have been chasing each other.:crazy:

They're weird. They flip on one side and slid under the bogwood just to rest.:blueshake: The first time I see that, I freaked out.:blink: But as days passed, I gradually calmed down from seeing it assuming nothing wrong with happen.

Well, Emma(bristlenose) began to take over the territory and will harassed my discus. The 2nd dominant discus suffered deep gashes but they healed quickly.:dunno:
Stupid bristlenose!:redmad:

crazie.eddie said:
I had both of them since they were both about 4cm, now they 10-12 cm.
That small?:blink: Impressive.:thumbsup: Never had luck before(5 years ago) in raising that size of angelfish.
I bought angelfish measuring only about 5 cm last month. They're now over 9 cm. Fast growers.:crazy:

As for praecox rainbows, that's strange.:squint: Mine tend to feed on my hands. I don't have praecox now as all succumb to columnaris.:blueworry:

However, I'm getting 3 blue rams tomorrow at an inch size.:welldone: Better get done with the job of adding more hiding places tonight.:crazy::wink2:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
crazie.eddie said:
I'm surprised you haven't started a new thread with their pics.
Because I haven't bought a set of batteries for my digicam.:mrgreen:
crazie.eddie said:
How strong is the current in the tank?
My tank doesn't run a filter which makes currents. My filtration system is more of trickle filter. Just trickles of water and low powered airpump(has modes of high or low but I chose low).
The tank is quite quiet and less water movements. All are coexisting well with no problems.
My discus are doing that probably because they aren't contented of their hiding places. When some of them sleep, they wedge themselves under the bogwood and sleep flat.:crazy: That's weird.:mrgreen: Been doing that since August 16.
They are quite active for a regal moving discus. :dunno:

Blimey! How things get stranger each day.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
jsm11482 said:
Going back to my dads on saturday and hope to bring the cabinet home with me, going to lfs this friday to pick up all my fun things! Then I have to wait for the cycle :squint: - which is why I setup my 15gal a month ago so I could jump start the cycle. I will move the filter from the 15gal to the 90gal.
Sounds like you'll have fun shopping.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
jsm11482 said:
Yea its already all ordered, waiting for me at the lfs.
Well, you did have success with your DIY CO2 so all your hard work is worth it.:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.