Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started a thread entitled "Here We Go Again :)". asking a question if a dresser could hold a ten gallon tank. I'm getting chewed out for thinking it is okay to put a black moor in a ten gallon tank. I wasn't requesting advise on the size of the tank. Would you be able to delete the thread for me? It was never my intention to start a fight. Thank you :)

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I found the thread. Tropical, while I'm willing to delete the thread I would like to point out that the other posters aren't chewing you out. Trust me, I've seen chewing out. :shock:

The posters are genuinely concerned for you and for the fish. I would like to ask you to thoughtfully consider what they are saying, especially thekoimaiden. She is a well-respected goldfish and koi expert. No one is mad at you or thinks you are a bad fishkeeper, I promise. They just want what is best for everyone, you included. If you get a black moor and keep it in the ten gallon and it dies a premature death, won't you feel sad that you didn't get to spend more time with such a wonderful fish?

It is not my intention or anyone else's to make you feel like you are a bad fishkeeper because you aren't. But every fishkeeper on this forum should always be willing to seek out and listen to advice because that is what makes us good fishkeepers. :) I did keep a fantail goldfish in a 10gal and it did die within three weeks despite me doing 50% water changes twice a week. :(

If you would still like me to delete the thread tomorrow, I will.

In regards to your dresser. I have 1 2.5gal, 1 5.5gal, and 1 20gal on my dresser. A way to prevent bowing is to find a very sturdy piece of wood that is at least 1 inch thick and not plywood and place that on top of the dresser. This evenly distributes the weight of the fish tanks to prevent the bowing. It will also protect your dresser surface from accidental spills. I used a bookshelf purchased from the Billy storage series at Ikea. A pack of two cost like $9.99 or something and they come in different colors so one should match your dresser. Make sure whatever piece of wood you get is wide and large enough to fit the tank. It doens't necessarily have to fit the width and length of the dresser, just the tank.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts