Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all so I have a problem where this guy somehow got a grain of sand lodged in his nasal passage. (speaking of which, does anyone know a good resource on corydora physiology? How are their nostrils structured and how does it work)

As you can see, the poor thing has somehow gotten it lodged in there deeply. My question is, how safe is it to get out? This is the second day. I am worried about use a Qtip or needle or paperclip or something to try and dislodge it for fear of injury, but I also don't want to leave it there and that black grain of sand doesn't look like it's coming out on its own.

Suggestions?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Really? Nobody knows how to extract a grain of sand safely out of a corydora nostril?

Well, I suppose I can try to use a Qtip or something...I just don't want to injure him or have the poor fish flopping around while I try to do it:serious:

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Really? Nobody knows how to extract a grain of sand safely out of a corydora nostril?

Well, I suppose I can try to use a Qtip or something...I just don't want to injure him or have the poor fish flopping around while I try to do it:serious:
Jeez, its only been 6hrs... we have lives too you know, like Im studying for uni exams. ;)

Have you notices any discomfort that would result in it needing for it to be removed? Cause I would just leave it and moniter.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would agree to leave it for now - since surgery on a fish sounds like it could be... uncomfortable... for both you and the fish.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts