Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning or evening, anyway hi. I have problem with my Corydoras Catfish. I have 6 of them, 3 panda corys and 3 julii corys, but only this one (and the darker one) became ill few days ago. I suspect it might be something bacterial. All new signs that appeared recently and supposedly could characterize as a disease signs include this white mucus-like spot on the this side of the fish' head and bulged eyes. Also he or she breathing is much more frequently than other panda corys.
Water parameters:
PH - 7, Temp - 78 F, GH - 6, Nitrite - 0, Nitrate - 10 ppm. Regular water changes, 2 filters, oxygenation are used.
Spine fins were bitten once 2 weeks ago by small agressive fish, but I separated them immediately after I noticed it.
I had 1 little tank with cherry shrimps and pea puffers but it doesn't have a heater. Maybe I should use Methylene Blue and Potassium Permanganate to make a solution and give them a bath, but Im not certain will it be helpful. Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello Tugar...

Most tank problems are about the tank water. I would gradually increase the water changes. Work up to the point you're removing and replacing half the water every few days. Vacuum the bottom material when you change the water. This will help clean up the water and steady the water chemistry.

M

1 - 2 of 2 Posts