Tropical Fish Keeping banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
yeah all the pics are from my camera phone .. plus theyre always movin so i couldnt really get a clear shot .. im not familiar with shipping fish, but im down to ship you some fry

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
z24frank said:
that would be great how do we do this though?do you want my adress?
The best both of you can do is try to talk privately via pm and try to ask each other's phone number and address.:mrgreen: This will ease out any hustles.:wink2:

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
i was gonna say...it seems a little risky having fry in the same tank with an oscar...and once they get big enough they will become a meal for it. sorry about your loss. =( maybe they will have more!

bri

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
IMO convict cichlids are quite prolific for cichlids. I have long consider them pests since they breed without stopping and will virtually invade your tank if all fry manage to survive and reach maturity.

I had a female albino morph breeding with a jellybean parrot.:dunno: I haven't realize at that time that jellybeans are hybrids themselves. But since I know that fact, I can avoid the temptations of buying them.:wink2: :mrgreen:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
yeah, when the fry were still reasonably small they seemed fine. But once they grew to a decent size, i saw them start to disappear.

i have seen the oscar, jack dempsey and knifefish all stalk and eat the fry. However when i decided to take some of the decent sized fry out, the parents seemed agitated for a few days. it also looks like theyre beginning to fight with eachother. or could there be another cause for them fighting?

also, with the oscar, JD, and knifefish growing and the jellybean and convict staying pretty much the same size, should i worry about keeping them in the same tank? would the oscar, JD and knifefish become more aggressive as they grow older? because right now, the convict and jellybean are the main agressors in the tank

41 - 49 of 49 Posts