Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Contest Winner: July 2009

4K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  Alexaki 
#1 ·
Congratulations to onefish2fish on winning the July photo competition. Great picture Jon! :)

See less See more
#10 ·
Yeah. I totally agree regarding the Jellies (It's possible and you can get set ups ready rigged for jellyfish, but it's just too much work with not that high of a success rate). As for the Octopi, they're easier than most imagine. I kept ONE, back in the late 90's. They readily eat and they are very hardy. The biggest challenges back then was having to do maintenace (mainly water changes) and pissing the animal off. A tank full if ink SUCKS... the you have to pull out the external diatom filter and run that for at least and hour (depending on tank size) These days, with methods like the Berlin and others, where substrate vacuuming isn't part of the equation, etc, etc; it's become even easier. I found in the past that one of the keys to keeping Octopi (and minimize the chance of an an Inking, was to avoied it any way possible until that animal realizes the YOU = FOOD. Once they realize that you coming around and being in the tank means that they are getting fed; they tend to ease up a bit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.