Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Help! Did a water change due to high ammonia and nitrate levels we were told to use reverse osmosis water for this change. We ended up putting all the ro water in the tank due to lack of help or knowledge and our fish is not responding what can I do now to help this. I know I need to get good bacteria back in there any recommendations of what tho?

·
Registered
Tropical Fish
16 Posts
Thats terrible! Remove the flower horn from your fish tank. ( I made the same mistake a few years ago with my 45 gal goldfish tank your not alone) Use bottled water to fill up a reasonably sized container and put the flower horn into it make sure you remove half the water everyday the flower horn is it and fill fill it up with fresh water. Add beneficial bacteria into your main tank you can buy it from amazon or nearly any pet store it is only a booster but it should make your tank habitable for your flower horn slightly faster. Wait a couple of days then put your flower horn back in even if the tank isn't 100% cycled. After that remove about 10 percent of the water everyday and add extra beneficial bacteria until the tank is stabilizes again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Help! Did a water change due to high ammonia and nitrate levels we were told to use reverse osmosis water for this change. We ended up putting all the ro water in the tank due to lack of help or knowledge and our fish is not responding what can I do now to help this. I know I need to get good bacteria back in there any recommendations of what tho?
The bacteria are in the filter, substrate etc, not floating free in the water. Changing 100% of the water doesn't remove the bacteria

1 - 5 of 5 Posts