Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello I am about to get my first fish tank as I am very interested in this hobby. I would like to know if these fish/invertebrates are compatible and if this tank would be overstocked. I will be getting a 50 gallon tank. with a school of long finned danios (I believe I need 5?), a school of cardinal tetras (5 also?), black skirt tetras (5 again?), and three guppies (yes they will breed but I am hoping the other fish will eat most if not all fry?). As for invertebrates I will be getting fire cherry shrimp, red algae eating shrimp, red crystal shrimp, ghost shrimp, and one (or two) red Mexican dwarf lobsters. this sound like a lot and I thin it would be overstocked but a friend of mine said it would be fine... he also said that the fish could probably go for a few days without feeding because of all the baby shrimp and fry? this will be a planted tank, I am not sure of filter size yet nor am I sure what types of plants. I realize that my tank will have to be established for a while before I introduce the shrimp/crayfish. so... any advice? I am okay if fry and babies are eaten.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts