Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know, I know.

"Cody, what happened to the Crestie Setup?"

I'll tell you. I have been visiting my local PetCo (very good with keeping herps) a lot recently, always checking out the Leos, Ball Pythons, Cresties, etc. Everytime I saw the Cresties, they never moved from the spot they were in. Of course, it was a different spot everytime, but no movement. That really bored me. I was also tired of waiting to make an auto-mister for the viv, so instead of spending $50 on that, I decided to go another route. I did all my research on Leos, tore down my Crestie setup, and voila.

Specs:
-20 gallon long tank
-3 hides (hot, cool, humid)
-Paper Towel Substrate (for now)
-Misc Accesories
-Hot side: 92F
-Cool Side: 75F
-Food: Mealworms

I plan on switching over to slate for a substrate once she/he matures. I also might make a small second level. I want to add a few more things to the viv, but I don't want to stress him/her out more. So those will have to wait.

I purchased a pretty young juvi. He is around 5" at most (I think), and from what I can tell is a Jungle morph. He was actually in the middle of a shed when I arrived, so I waited untill he was done. Anyways, enough talk.

FTS:

Cool side:

Middle:

Hot side:

The Leo (she/he has been sleeping almost all day, and I don't blame him):

Let me know.

·
Registered
46 Posts
nice setup. i miss my leopard gecko. but he was in a 10 gallon and wasnt more than 6". gave him to a guy that works for my dad since i didnt have time to care for it. been thinkin bout gettin another lizard at some point in time

·
Registered
10,398 Posts
Awesome Cody! He's a looker. Now, you know what my next question is going to be:
What are you going to name him?? "Crestie" just isn't original enough. What version of P. Diddy are you going to go with?? :lol:

PS. LOVE the set up!!

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys.

He/she was out exploring last night and this morning. I also offered a Mealworm last night, which thankfully he/she ate. I will offer way more tonight, and dust them in calcium.

Kymmie, I don't really know if I will name him/her. Maybe later down the road, but I am terrible with creating names. But he/she will be around for 15 more years. :)

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
nice set up cody :)
aww sleeping like a baby,how sweet.
ready for the next instalments of pictures :):lol:

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No brothers here. Just a younger sister who likes watching everything, but doesn't care about any scientific stuff when I start talking. :roll:

And we have a zoo here...
-Dog
-Rabbit
-Cockatiel
-Leo
-Fish fish fish

Maybe not a zoo in numbers, but defiantley in types of animals. :)

And thanks Lainey.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Very well. He has been eating perfectly; 4 Mealworms on Tuesday night, and 6 last night. I do need to fatten him up a little bit, but he is small so I figure it is ok for now. He is now even eating from my hand after 3 days.

Still hard to get a picture of, because he doesn't really like it and chills in hid hide all day.

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
aww bless :)
you need night vision glasses like me.
i'm sitting in the dark right now,the only light is the computer screen,i was trying to get a look
at my lot in their new hme,but no light no see :(

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I just fed him (little fatty ate 8 mealworms), and got some pics.

FTS (Moved a few things):

Leo:

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
wicked :)
he's so cute.
mine has gon off mealworms at the moment,they're into locus.

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
i buy the locus from the reptile shop.
yum yum,i want to try them on phonix and butter worms next. :)

1 - 20 of 36 Posts