Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I fianlly recieved my gecko food ledge today. Looks very nice IMO. It is designed to hold both food and water, but I am only using it for food (water bowl on bottom). It also needs 2 oz plastic cups to hold the food, which I need to figutre out where to buy.

Things to buy:
-2 oz Cups
-Magnets for plants (Need 10, but am looking to buy 12-14)
-Possibly 1 More Bamboo Bar
-A Live Bamboo Plant
-Possibly a Vine
-Crested Gecko

New pics from today:

FTS:

Top:

Middle:

Floor:

Ledge:

Food (CGD):

FTS with Screen:

·
Registered
9,426 Posts
hi
i think you've made an awsome job of the viv,i really do. :)
i can;t wait until you get your crestie.

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Got one more hanging plant.

Kymmie-

I'm going to put it this way...

Once I get the 2 oz cups I *can* get it. There is a few more things I want to add first though (Two more Bamboo Bars and possibly a live plant.

Give me a week after Christmas. :)

·
Registered
367 Posts
thats crazy cool ever think about covering like an egg crate with fake or real plants like weaving it through the holes and using it as a platform. i think it would be cool. :)

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Huh... that is interesting.

Maybe in the future, because I would need to find a spot for it.

And thanks for the comments everyone!

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was just about to mention that. Lol :)

I put magnets on all my plants (which is five, put the pics I posted only has 4). I will be getting some bamboo bars for sure, but I'm not sure when. I am also most likely going to get a vine, and just suspend it from the very top.

Still need 2 oz cups.

·
Registered
4,899 Posts
look at your mcdonalds next time your in there. the ketchup cups are usually paper but i could swear ive seen little plastic ones before.
and im not sure if it was a dollar store or walmart but my gf got like 100 of them very cheap for jello shots. i dont even think we used them but i think thats what your looking for, good luck on the search.

and thats awesome btw, it reminds me of a wine fridge with a glass front.. is it a glass front? and im curious where you heat lamp is? all the way at the top?

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks guys.

Onefish, the viv right now is just open so I can view it better, but once the gecko is in it will have the screen door on.
Cresties also do not need a heat lamp. 65-75 degrees farenheit is ideal, which is room temperature. If it is above 85 for a long time it can lead to health problems. But yes, I do keep the daylight and the red bulb at the very top.

I did find a website that sells like 200 cups for $4, but then almost $10 with shipping. I'm just going to go that route soon.

And I feel that I need more plants. :)

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I will not be using a measuring cup because the food is a gel/watery like substance, and needs to be changed everyday.

New pics with new additions for Christmas Eve.

FTS:

Top/Middle:

Bottom/Middle:

New stuff...
Leaf Rest Thing. Orgianlly was going to use it for a water dish, but decided to just stick it in the tank.

New plants purchased from Hobby Lobby:

Red Bulb FTS:

Blue Bulb/Daylight Incandescent FTS:

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Oh, I have a locking, sliding screen door for the front. I am just keeping it off for now so I can view it better, change stuff around now if I feel something is wrong, and to take better pics. It will be on all the time once the Gecko comes. :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts