Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so we upgraded my sons tank from a 20 gallon to a 30gallon long on Wed. I think its lookin great so thought we would share.

2 Bala sharks
3 yellow zebras
2 peppered corys
2 common pleco
1 Venustus

·
Registered
224 Posts
now thats what im talking about!!!
would love to have a tank that size, think i best learn to look after what iv got first!!!
:D

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
i want driftwood...but i dont wanna pay for it =(

·
Registered
224 Posts
fair point,

but you wouldnt be able to just go pick up some from the beach would you, surely it wouldnt be safe in the tank?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fiona said:
fair point,

but you wouldnt be able to just go pick up some from the beach would you, surely it wouldnt be safe in the tank?

Actually you can I have read articles and other posts about this subject as long as you soak it and was it properly you can use drift wood from a beach or other water source.

·
Registered
224 Posts
o right, thats good to know. i dont see drift wood offten on the beaches over here but when i do it's always really nice and looks phat.
so you just need to sock it for a few days then?

·
Registered
620 Posts
Nice tank. your bala's are so big and awesome! Would love to see those pleco's :d

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
llaustin said:
fiona said:
fair point,

Actually you can I have read articles and other posts about this subject as long as you soak it and was it properly you can use drift wood from a beach or other water source.
I'm one of those people who had obtained driftwoods from beaches.
Well, it's very large and all I did was gave it a bath of hot water. It was 5 years ago.:thumbsup: And still leaching tannins and in my tank until this day.:crazy:
Now it's home to several discus, rams, angelfish and plecs.:crazy:

By the way, nice tank.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
454 Posts
nice set-up, very clean and the pics are so clear.

venustus 8)

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Oh I can't take credit for the lovely photos that would go to the OH as usual *skaustin* :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts