Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why do i have cloudy water? I just did a partial water change last night and this morning it was clear as day. I put the water conditioner...will that do it? Plz excuse the questions I am still learning :fish::fish::fish:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hello:
I have read that sometimes cloudy water is caused by bacterial bloom.
I have well water and sometimes when I change water the water gets cloudy and I have to add carbon to the filter to clear up the water.
pop

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have had tank for a month. Have 4 mollies and 2 fry. Its a 16 gallon tank. How long does it take to cyle the tank.? I keep doing 20% water changes every other day because im scared the fish will die if i dont. I tested the water again yesterday and the ph 7.8 but it does not give me ammonia level or nitrites or nitriate numbers.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey Shanel,you should get yourself an API masters test kit,to me there the best on the market,test the water at your tap and see what it reads,i did a %80 WC the other day coz i had deaths due to paint fumes and my water always seems too look a little cloudy here is a pic of my tank i have just took there now,the missus had went ahead and started to paint without the top of the tank been covered with clingfilm,i would love to just have crystal clear water,as you can see its a little cloudy from the side,my mates all have crystal clear water and you could read a book from one end of the tank to the other,have you got pics of your tank?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.