Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently set up a tank w/ Bamaplants MTS substrate with a quartz sand cap. When I filled it up initially (via drip method) there was a layer of dirt particles on the bottom about 2 inches thick. I turned my filter on, hoping that would clear it up, and came to a cloudy mess the next day. I drained the tank and refilled it the same way, this time vacuuming all the particles before turning on the filter. Yet again I ended up with a cloudy tank a day later. Both times the tank ends up as a yellow-brown cloudy mess.

I'm at a loss for ideas at this point. What can I do to clear up my tank? Can I use a product like Seachem Clarity or API Accu-Clear? Are these safe for invertebrates?

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I recently set up a tank w/ Bamaplants MTS substrate with a quartz sand cap. When I filled it up initially (via drip method) there was a layer of dirt particles on the bottom about 2 inches thick. I turned my filter on, hoping that would clear it up, and came to a cloudy mess the next day. I drained the tank and refilled it the same way, this time vacuuming all the particles before turning on the filter. Yet again I ended up with a cloudy tank a day later. Both times the tank ends up as a yellow-brown cloudy mess.

I'm at a loss for ideas at this point. What can I do to clear up my tank? Can I use a product like Seachem Clarity or API Accu-Clear? Are these safe for invertebrates?

kill the lights and turn off the filters. Should clear up and a couple of days.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts