Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't think there bad. But I was wondering what they can be. They are tiny little clear sacks with a little white dot in the middle. I have seen them on other peoples tanks but know one ever knew what they were, and I would like to know what they are. Next time I get some on the glass I will try and get a good pic. I will wipe them off and they will return. They'll go away for a while then return for a couple weeks.

·
Registered
72 Posts
they could be copapods. i know sometimes if there are alot of them they start going on the glass. they are extremely tiny crustaceans that most fish like to eat. dragonnets and scooter blennies make a diet of them and often nothing else so a large amount of them is a good sign. can't be sure what they are without seeing them

·
Registered
44 Posts
I have some sacks or what appear to be small bubbles on my live rock but they are a very dark green color. Any ideas on what those are?

·
Registered
44 Posts
caferacermike said:
Dark green, almost clear? Bubble algea. Not much will touch it. Clean water is the best rememedy, Emerald crabs might do it.
Cool...it's not really a problem as there are only about 2 bubbles. I was just curious.

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It can spread quick, so I would try to get it out of the tank.

·
Banned
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do your normal water changes and then try to grab the bubbles and rip them off the rock. if you have a sump you can put them in there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts