Tropical Fish Keeping banner

21 - 40 of 179 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Yes money corect. Only the males carry the egg spots.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
A year or so.depending on whats in your tank and what kind of room they have to grow. You should be ok with what you have in the tank.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Nicer fish B14. we have almost the same fish. lol

·
Registered
77 Posts
haha thats awesome, im getting more and more addicted to the cichlid world. they are a ton of fun

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Yea so am I just orderd 8 new ones yesterday. my girlfriend and i have ben raising them for some time now. You are right they are very addicting.

·
Registered
217 Posts
B14 VZR

and everyone else that has GOLDEN CICHLIDS

I have a story... I bought 2 of them after standing for so long at the fish store...
watching their behavior.... thinking that I bought one male and one female....
WELL have any of you all read that these fish CHANGE SEX?
( I was tripping when I read that )
Both of my fish looked the same and then 4 days later I had one changing colors...
and NOW its been 2 weeks and the other fish looks like a MALE BROWN with a turquoise
stripe down the side He has changed totally....

HAVE ANY OF YOU ALL EVER HAD A FISH TO DO THIS ????

I will try to provide a pic when I can.

Ron

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Teammuir1 if you could provid pics would be great as to there are many golden colord cichlids.

·
Registered
217 Posts
Ok here are the pics

Well.. here is a pic of what your fish and my other one looks like..
and then
look at the darker one at the bottom....

Attachments

·
Registered
217 Posts
THEY WERE BOTH THAT COLOR ... THE ONE ON TOP......
its UNREAL.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
oh blury. LOL any who looks like a red zebra, or maybe a yellow lab. But a better pic. would be nice.

·
Registered
77 Posts
B14 VZR

and everyone else that has GOLDEN CICHLIDS

I have a story... I bought 2 of them after standing for so long at the fish store...
watching their behavior.... thinking that I bought one male and one female....
WELL have any of you all read that these fish CHANGE SEX?
( I was tripping when I read that )
Both of my fish looked the same and then 4 days later I had one changing colors...
and NOW its been 2 weeks and the other fish looks like a MALE BROWN with a turquoise
stripe down the side He has changed totally....

HAVE ANY OF YOU ALL EVER HAD A FISH TO DO THIS ????

I will try to provide a pic when I can.

Ron
they dont change sex they just change colors. If im not mistaken they look like females as juviniles so they dont get eaten or bullied to death. As they grow they start to show their male colors. someone correct me if i am wrong

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
B14 you are very corect at about 6 to8 months the males will start to get there adult colors............ Sory was looking at the wrong fish in the pic untill i re read the post got ya now. Yes you would have a male and a female. All tho i thought the one in my aviater was a female she turned iin to a male last night. and darken up.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I just went to the lfs and bought the smallest frontosa I have ever seen. I couldnt resist, ill get some pix up soon :)

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Cant wait to see the pics. How big is it? I will be posting some pic to. I got 3 (Auratus) 2 (Red zebra females) 3 (Demasoni). I ordered online. for the first time. I am realy happy with them.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Nice frontosa. How big is he?

21 - 40 of 179 Posts