Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Everyone:

I have a bunch of Cholla; both 6" sticks and shaped. It is free of pesticides and chemicals (picked from Public Land in NM by people with a permit).

So many on the forum are kids or college students who can't afford LFS or online prices. I got these at such a deal I can charge $1.25 each and $3.00 shipping for up to six. I'll have to double check to see how many fit in a 6" x 8" envelope.

I know I can put it in the Classifieds; but can I annouce I have it in other sections? I'm not making any $$ by the time I buy padded envelopes and pay PayPal fees; maybe $.25 per piece. Mainly I wanted to give back to the community for all the help I've received.

Thanks for your input...

Linda

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Hey Russel! That is super sweet of you - and congrats on the deal!
To the best of my understanding, you are going to be stuck in the classifieds with this, unfortunately. :/
In situations like this one it's kind of sad - I'd love to see the good deal get shared around! But once we let one person do it, it becomes really difficult for us NOT to let everyone else follow suit, and I'm sure you can see how quickly that can get out of hand.

. . . perhaps one of the other mods will have something else to add that can help you out. Until and unless, I'd stick to the classifieds with this one, hon - I'm sorry!

Good luck on sales, though! I'm wishing I needed some (and had extra money) right now!!!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN! ^__^

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Happy Halloween too you, too!!!

Thanks for the reply. I was afraid that might be the case and I certainly understand.

If someone specifically asks about decorations, could I link the ad with a "Check this out..."?

Thanks again,

Linda

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
I'd send a PM juuuuuust to be on the safe side, personally - but I see no harm with that. Provided they're ASKING. lol. Otherwise it'd be soliciting. And that's no good!

*hugs*

I'm sorry - I know you're trying to do a good thing. . . Thanks for understanding!

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
Agree with Chesh. If anyone's asking, just put the classifieds link in the thread.

That's very nice of you BTW :yourock:

·
Premium Member
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
M feeling is I've received so much good advice and support I should do something to pay it back. I also have a couple of items I'm going to do as RAOK. A used Fluval Nano filter and maybe the NIB white LED wand.

Winner pays shipping. Am trying to sort out things I no longer need. Maybe if I do a couple others will follow suit. I might even do an RAOK on the Cholla.

Can I announce an RAOK in other sections since I'm not making any $$?

Questions, questions. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts