Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Cholla Logs, Worth it?

7K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  FishyFishy89 
There is a lot of driftwood for sale on net..how big of a limb do you need? The ones at petco will surprisingly be competitive in price when you add shipping, but don't be afraid of buying online..I have a dozen pieces from 4 or 5 different places..I suspected the temporary nature of cholla..that is why I read your thread.

Didn't mean to rub you the wrong way

Oh, good, FishyFish..I'm glad you continue conversation..I apologize if I made you mad. I was really only trying to state I felt cholla was probably not worth the investment, but my budget is kind of tight. I spent a little time looking at what cholla was, and I can't see that it would be especially nutricious or beneficial. Its simply a wild cactus that grows crazy out west..I think its sort of a gimmick. I suppose it would be worth finding out if your plec enjoys it? But tying java fern/moss,..I believe we should stick with something more permanent. I am not a pleco expert by any means..I have one male bristlenose who is probably about three years old..I got him when I bought a used 55 gallon tank .I asked about your angels because I'm looking to get a breeding pair of koi angels going,..I have tanks and tanks of angels..no koi, one of the lfs owners here in Inverness, Florida wants me to begin raising koi angels, too.Thanks for taking the time.:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.