Tropical Fish Keeping banner

Chiller

2K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  Rogergolf66 
#1 ·
I just got my chiller in about 2 days ago. I have been lowering the temp by 2 degrees each day. well here is my question. It is recommended at a flow rate between 100-400 gph. I orded a pump that is 370gph, but by the time it goes through the pipe and the chiller and back to the tank it is about 100 gph. my question is does it chill better at the lower end or the higher end of the flow rate? I am thinking about getting a larger pump.

thanks Roger

Discussion starter · #3 ·
i guess i understood that but, at about 100 gal per hour. It will barlly cycle the entire system in an hour?

If it was at say 350gal/hour then it would cycle the system more then 4 times. it would also increase water movement in the tank. So I guess im asking do you still say to leave it the way it is?

Roger

Discussion starter · #7 ·
I don't know I have not checked it with that procision. I do know that today when the metal halides were on it seemed to be on for most of the day. I was not timing it, but everytime I looked over it was on.

I think it was on most of the day.

Sorry about the confusion on the last question.

Thanks You your help

Roger

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.