Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is my new 29 gallon FW tank. It is now stocked withL

2 Dwarf Guarmis
3 Dalmation Mollies
8 Neon Tetras
6 Corys
4 Glow Light Tetras
4 Rummy nose tetras

Any suggestions for anything I could/should add to the tank? I was thinking of getting a small ship wreck for the front and maybe a background for the tank? Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
455 Posts
looks good but i really like backgrouds as it gives the fish security

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Nice tank.:thumbsup: Yes, I second the background.:)

·
Banned
750 Posts
A background would look nice, to hide the things behind the tank. Solid color backgrounds give a little depth to the tank.

IMO, bright substrate and bright decor steer the attention away from beautiful fish. Also, bright substrate may stress the fish, especially if it is white, since they reflect the light. I had white substrate when I had my clown loaches, but found them to hide allot. When I switched over to dark substrate, they soon started being more active in the tank.

·
Registered
699 Posts
i think the best thing to do is get a background for it, i have a 30 gallon with a background and it enhances the beauty so much. also id stick to things that are in freshwater, what i mean is dont mix fake freshwater plants with fake corals. thats just my opinion though.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
One of my dalmation mollies already gave birth to a few babies. Any suggestions on what I do for them or just leave them?

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Hazarrd said:
One of my dalmation mollies already gave birth to a few babies. Any suggestions on what I do for them or just leave them?
Just leave them.:) They are quite prolific and you will be bombarded with more fry in a few weeks.:)

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
filter?

What kind of filter have you got? The worsts ones on the market is deffinatly top fin. I would suggest a filter with a biowheel because that will help a lot. Other than that i think its fine...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Re: filter?

musho3210 said:
What kind of filter have you got? The worsts ones on the market is deffinatly top fin. I would suggest a filter with a biowheel because that will help a lot. Other than that i think its fine...
Yeah, how new is this tank? You have a lot of fish in there for a new tank unless you put on a mature filter.

I agree that you should add a background, and you got yourself a nice l'il fish tank.

·
Registered
51 Posts
A nice dark background maybe would set off the blue gravel nice.

·
Registered
188 Posts
For a background, I like to paint the outside of the back glass with black paint. I use craft paint because it can easily be scraped off if necessary.

Would also add more plants and remove the coral (have had bad experiences with fish accidentally hurting themselves on it). Looks great otherwise.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I agree, very nice tank, but a more natural look, in my opinion, would look better. Bright gravel and neon decorations detract from the beauty of the fish.
:)
And, as many people have said, a background simply makes the tank look nicer. Even a blue or black backgorund looks better. :D
Good luck,
Kathryn

1 - 17 of 17 Posts