Tropical Fish Keeping banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 39 of 39 Posts
Life isn’t fair. My betta fish, Neptune,(Black Orchid Male) was born in a cup and shoved into the world for decoration. I “bought” him from a Petco and he lived a nice life in a five gallon tank all on his own. He wasn’t completely isolated, next to his tank is a 30 gallon tank with live plants and goldfish. He loved to sit on his leaf on that side and just stare at the other fish. His tank was filled live plants and many places for him to hide. But one day his tank cracked, so we had to go buy a new one. This new tank came with its own filter, this filter looked flimsy and,unlike the other one, had a tube sticking out the bottom that did the cleaning. I didn’t want to use this one, but had no choice because the other filter had no way to grip onto the side. He was in this new tank for at least a week. One afternoon I went over to his tank to check up on him and see how his new home was. He didn’t greet me at the glass like usual so I circled his tank to try to look for him. After a few minutes I became worried and started to take things out to try to find him. After completely emptying his tank, and no sight of him, my heart broke. The only thing left was the stupid filter. With shaking hands, I began to disassemble it under water. After removing the flimsy tube, I noticed that it had no bottom cover on it. It had me thinking, when I first put it together, it had no bottom, I assumed it was fine because the pet store I trust most has it on its shelves without ant warnings. But I lifted the tube, and Neptune’s fragile body floated out. I examined him and, I still break down when I think about it. His tail was completely shredded and he was missing an eye. He had missing scales all along his body and was bleeding from his mouth. I still can’t believe it. The employees at the store said this tank was the best and had the most sells. It had no warning that something like this could happen. You probably think I’m making this up or I’m looking for attention. I’m sharing this as a warning. Make sure your filters are safe and don’t have holes in them. Make sure you do research before trusting the pet companies. I had to euthanize Neptune with clove oil myself, there was no way he would make it. But it’s just horrific and heartbreaking that he had to go through all of this.

Iv set up a new tank it's about 26 gallons iv a problem with my aranda he's been treated for tail rot but has a small white bit started on his mouth warter crystal clear 30 percent warter change done carbon out due to treatment but had to buy primafix how do I go about starting a new treatment after the fin rot treatment do I do a 50cent warter change or 30 percent leave filter in for 24 hours and start the new bit stuck thanks Kate

Life isn’t fair. My betta fish, Neptune,(Black Orchid Male) was born in a cup and shoved into the world for decoration. I “bought” him from a Petco and he lived a nice life in a five gallon tank all on his own. He wasn’t completely isolated, next to his tank is a 30 gallon tank with live plants and goldfish. He loved to sit on his leaf on that side and just stare at the other fish. His tank was filled live plants and many places for him to hide. But one day his tank cracked, so we had to go buy a new one. This new tank came with its own filter, this filter looked flimsy and,unlike the other one, had a tube sticking out the bottom that did the cleaning. I didn’t want to use this one, but had no choice because the other filter had no way to grip onto the side. He was in this new tank for at least a week. One afternoon I went over to his tank to check up on him and see how his new home was. He didn’t greet me at the glass like usual so I circled his tank to try to look for him. After a few minutes I became worried and started to take things out to try to find him. After completely emptying his tank, and no sight of him, my heart broke. The only thing left was the stupid filter. With shaking hands, I began to disassemble it under water. After removing the flimsy tube, I noticed that it had no bottom cover on it. It had me thinking, when I first put it together, it had no bottom, I assumed it was fine because the pet store I trust most has it on its shelves without ant warnings. But I lifted the tube, and Neptune’s fragile body floated out. I examined him and, I still break down when I think about it. His tail was completely shredded and he was missing an eye. He had missing scales all along his body and was bleeding from his mouth. I still can’t believe it. The employees at the store said this tank was the best and had the most sells. It had no warning that something like this could happen. You probably think I’m making this up or I’m looking for attention. I’m sharing this as a warning. Make sure your filters are safe and don’t have holes in them. Make sure you do research before trusting the pet companies. I had to euthanize Neptune with clove oil myself, there was no way he would make it. But it’s just horrific and heartbreaking that he had to go through all of this.
It's ok man i lost two yesterday because of a filter were here for you

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.