Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
you've got to be kidding me right? yes I stepped out of line a little lastnight but was kicked and warned by taz that was the end of it. so im curious why the new yr long ban, yes the conversations will vary night to night sometimes about aquarium related stuff sometimes about RL stuff sometimes just venting. I really enjoyed chat and would like another chance back at it. some explanation is appreciated

·
Super Moderator
3,247 Posts
I have removed the Ban for you.

This is a last and final warning, anymore nonsense in chat and it will be a year long ban. We have been too lenient on members in chat, the same rules apply to chat as the main forum.

While there is a slight relaxing of the rules, main rules such as what was said about a moderator last night will not be tolerated.

There is an area of the forum for that - Discuss with Moderators, it doesnt matter how many threads we have in there, having stuff out on the open forum or chat is not the correct way to deal with this.

I wasnt around when you first joined the forum, but those that know you, have noticed a vast improvement in your attitude. Since asking about becoming a moderator, something has changed. The information you are giving members is helping a lot and we value that.
The reasons whatever they are as to your gripe with moderators needs to stop, if the rules are followed and not egging people on or bashing mods on the open forum, then nothing will change.

I hope you understand that this a last and final warning about your behavior in chat.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
not to pick a fight here or anything but there is one mod in particular that seems to run me and several other the wrong way - not just those that were in chat last night. I believe it needs to be brought to light that abbeys dad should be a little more gental and less confrontational in some of hes replys. especially pms/replys that are nothing but antagonizing in my opinion. I feel awkward for putting this out on a forum where he can see and thus don't want any further conflict or antomocity to stew from it.

I was out of line for the initial kick and warning ill admit that. if you noticed last night I left pretty abruptly since I saw where the convo was heading and didn't want to be part of it. I hope you ALL understand where im coming from and hopefully some type of resolution can be reached. I know this is the first time ive formerly made a complaint or w/e towards a mod but I should of started here instead of stoking the fire and spilling it into the chat seemed there was a bandwagon that started to roll and everyone jumped on. im the first to admit im not perfect or anywhere near it but I do like and respect this forum... I came back cause its just that great. yes im member on others but I literally live on here and always on it with my phone at work... any free time im on the forum or shoulder deep in my tank with my daughter. comparitvely speaking I visit here all day every day... other forums when there aren't any new posts here xD

when I first joined I was living a much different lifestyle and was younger etc etc we all have been there (most anyways) since the rejoin a lot has changed in my life and how I treat others and how I want others to view me. I strive to be a good source of info or atleast a good person to help talk through tank issues or people issues or whatever it may be. I may not be able to relate to each and every person on the forum but I try to help them the best I can or atleast turn to google to atleast try and come up with something. last thing I want is to be put on a watch list or w/e, I have every intention of helping this community/site to take the next step to whatever it may be. and when I see something or someone that I think effects it I take it personally since I put so much effort into my posts and helping all that I can. and again I realize the way I handled things in chat was wrong and I apologize and you wont have to worry about any such things again. not to split hairs here but if I recall correctly after the first warning from ya taz I don't believe I took it further.

·
Super Moderator
3,247 Posts
Thank you for your honesty and understanding.

We are all in a transition period with the new Admin and how things work, posting on a forum is hard in terms of wording posts correctly. I know for one, I have written long posts in the past only to delete them as they could be read wrongly.

I am not going to answer for other people as that would be wrong. Perhaps a PM to the person(s) or a thread in Discuss with Moderators, the whole reason this area was created was for exactly this sort of thing, all we request is what is discussed here stays here. Not everything will be implemented, corrected, commented on but we value ideas and suggestions.

Reactions: Chesh
1 - 8 of 8 Posts