Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya guys! We've been running our 40l/10gallon tank for around 2 months now and had it perfectly balanced until we introduced 4 new guppies about two weeks ago which has completely thrown the tank into a mini cycle again. Unfortunately we gradually lost all four guppies. Although our 5 Cardinals, four pygmy corydoras, two plants and multiple snails (which we cull using baby Spinach if they get too many) seem to be doing fine. These are the parameters after several water changes of about 30% every day for the last week, we've added prime, Love fish filter boost and ammonia remover, however the Nitrite just doest seem to want to go down. I've ordered some seachem Stability do you reckon that will help? Is there any recommendations to get the Nitrite to zero? Here's also a photo of my nosey Cardinals (we had 6 but lost one as it got a scrape in its side 😭) and one of our fat corydoras.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I would not add Prime as the ammonia is unmeasurable and you test kit does not differentiate between the dangerous free ammonia and the prime safe(r) locked ammonia. That level if nitrite is very low if I read the pictures correctly. But when I had much higher levels of nitrite (pegged the kit at max value) before I started using live plants, I would suspend feeding until nitrItes dropped down. Usually just a few days or so.

my .02

1 - 2 of 2 Posts