Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up an Eheim Jager heater for my 45 gal. I bought the 150W which I just realized is rated for 53-79 gal. tanks. The store didnt have the 125W I apparently should have bought. Can I still use it? I would imagine the heater will still cycle as it should. No?

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
Shouldn't be a problem. I would set it lower than what you want to test it out first. In other words, if you want it set for 78, set it to 75 and see if it reaches 78.

It's not like you went really crazy out of scope. You should be fine.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Glad to hear! I figured It would be fine. Im just surprised how different the ratings are for the Jagers over all other heaters. My previous heaters were 200W where in this case I need a 125W Jager.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yeah, 150 vs 125 is fine. You wouldn't want to use something much larger for the tank in case of heater malfunction.

I like to use two slightly underrated heaters.. If one overheats the tank should be fine, and if one dies, the other will be able to keep up with heating for a bit.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, 150 vs 125 is fine. You wouldn't want to use something much larger for the tank in case of heater malfunction.

I like to use two slightly underrated heaters.. If one overheats the tank should be fine, and if one dies, the other will be able to keep up with heating for a bit.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yeah the heaters been working great. Temps been steady and the heaters really nice looking as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts