Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 female bettas, 1 blonde dwarf frog, and 1 kuhli loach (10 gal)
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next weekend I'll be picking up my new male halfmoon dumbo ear betta, which is a tail type I've never owned before. Do they require any special care? I have a 1.5 gallon betta tank, should I get something bigger? I should I get a mini heater and/or filter? Should I cycle the tank, if so, what with? If you have any other advice or information you think I should know, please tell me! Thanks.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Upgrade, Get a filter and heater, and ALWAYS cycle your tank, Unless you want to end up with a dead fish.
a 5 gallon is the minnum and will fit the fishes needs.
All bettas have the same care, tail type does not matter :)

·
Registered
4 female bettas, 1 blonde dwarf frog, and 1 kuhli loach (10 gal)
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Upgrade, Get a filter and heater, and ALWAYS cycle your tank, Unless you want to end up with a dead fish.
a 5 gallon is the minnum and will fit the fishes needs.
All bettas have the same care, tail type does not matter :)
The sick one from before was in my 1.5 gal before and lived for 2 and half years, he may have been sick but I couldn't have been doing that bad even if I didn't meet the requirements. Anyway my shrimp just got half eaten (entire head missing) and I don't know who did it, so I moved my dwarf frog to my bettas old 1.5 gal (cleaned ofc w/ fresh (cycled) water) cause she's really small and I'm scared she might be next, any clue who might've eaten my cherry shrimp? Everybody thinks it was Cami (my frog) but she's exactly the same size as Azure (the shrimp), maybe even smaller, so I don't know if she could've eaten Azure's entire head 😢

1 - 3 of 3 Posts