Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday I was at the LFS and purchased myself two Bumblebee Gobies. They are very beautiful and energetic fish! I myself have never had Gobies. I was wondering if anyone could give me advice on keeping these guys. I'm not sure how much too feed these guys, never kept small fish before. I have acclimated them to brackish water and they seem to be doing great, the LFS had these guys in fresh water. My parameters are as follows: Salinity is sitting at 1.08, my PH is at 7.8. They are in a 75 gallon tank. These guys have no tank mates besides Zebra, and Horned Nerite Snails. I have a total of 10 Zebras, and 4 Horned Nerites. I am very interested now in sticking with smaller fish, and would really love to try and make a self sustaining tank. I have been feeding these small guys 4 small frozen blood worms. Also I have been toying with the idea of adding tubifex worms.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I tried many times when I first started fish keeping. I usually loose them from starvation.

Seems like you have a big tank for just a couple. I would get a guppy breeding float tank and keep those yellow and black in there till they figure out what you're feeding them is food.

They go really well with flounders. I would keep fish that feeds super active away as they both are quite shy to foreign objects and may not have anything left to eat when they decides to come close.

Hope this helps. I gave up on brackish water fish a long time ago lol.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts