Tropical Fish Keeping banner

bumblebee catfish will only eat frozen bloodworms need help what else can i feed him

4K views 13 replies 3 participants last post by  lou1387 
#1 · (Edited)
I have a south American bumblebee cafish and I put food in the tank and never seen him eat in 3 days till today frozen blood worms inside his cave he ate a few but still looked a little skinny what else could I get him to eat I don't know much about south American bumblebee catfish except they grow 3 to 4 inches max and water temp 72f to 78f ph I think 6.0 to 7.6 not sure and it is a peaceful fish as long as the other fish are not small enough for it to eat any help would greatly appreciated.

Discussion starter · #3 ·
thank you for the reply and the help I have tried feeding with the light off but did not wait a few hours will defiantly do so one other problem im having is water clarity it seems to seems to be yellow from driftwood and greenish I keep the light on for 8 hours for my live plants and have a very strong filter 350 gph in a 20 long and I do 25% monthly water changes not sure why I cant seem to get it clear do you have any suggestions for the water clarity thank you very much for the reply and the advice

Discussion starter · #5 ·
im using a deep blue sea light I do get a little sunlight on the side of the tank I put a background were the sun was hitting it still lets a little sun light in I will defiantly do weekly 25% water changes thank you for the reply and your help.

Discussion starter · #7 ·
I think it says solarmaxHE imput power 120v- 60hz. output power 14 watts lamp type t5 g14 14w. model se-421 30 deep blue company I hope this helps I copyed what the back of that light housing said is to much lightingfor a 20 gallon long?

Discussion starter · #12 ·
yes it is I have 2 live plants that I cant rember the name of and I have the top covered duckweed I just got like between 3 and 5 days ago do you think I can put the light on for 6 hours instead of 8 ? any info would be much aperchiated sorry for the misspelling I just woke up and did not have my coffee I know this is a little off topic but I rember my granny was allways so angry befor she had her coffee I used to think that was funny and now I getting payback lol I cant spell with out my coffee granny is 84 and still kicking strong and dose her scratch off

Discussion starter · #14 ·
will do just did a 25% today water change last time I did a water change was the 8th of this month defiantly will get the brackets to raise the light after when I did water change today the water cleared up a lot but still has a little ways too go before crystal clear thank you so much for the reply and your advice I will try to get the brackets to raise the light by the end of the month or next month thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.