Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here are pictures of my 30 gallon community tank.
Pics will be updated once in a while.
Please post comments/questions :)

I added a cave made from flagstones from my backyard:

My striped raphael catfish seems to like it

·
Registered
706 Posts
Wow, angels, how nice! Lovely aquarium, good choice of fish. Do the angels pick on the clown loach?

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Do the angels pick on the clown loach?
Angels don't pick on bottom dwellers.:wink:
However anything small will be eaten if they fit in the angels' mouths.
Angels are piscivores. Tetras are their natural prey in the wild. Full-grown tetras and deep bodied tetras like black skirts won't be eaten. This is only for scalare angels. For altums, then say good-bye to the tetras as altums have extendable mouths.
To make it clear, there are 3 species of angels: scalare(the ones you seen in your pet shops), altums and leopoldis. Leopoldis are the rarest. Altums are the most difficult to keep as they are wild and have not been bred in captivity.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Lovely set up i love catfish and angels. I hace driftwood but your flagstone cave is an inspiration... my upside down catfish would love it and it would keep him out of my plant that he'll soon manage to destroy :)

·
Registered
706 Posts
Amazing photos! Thank your for sharing. I have tried to photograph my tanks, but the camera flash ruins the photos, and I do not have an advanced enough camera that I can shut it off .

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My raphael catfish died from fit/tail rot. :(
I have added 2 real plants to my tank. Both are doing well.

Clown Loach

Frankenstein ("Frankie") the ghost shrimp

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I had bought 2 clowns but 1 died so this guy's the only one left. I plan to get 2 more when I come back from vacation so I'll have a group of 3 :)

·
Registered
620 Posts
Nice new pics. Lovin the clown loach. Cant wait ti'll I got some shrimp :D

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
:thankyou:
I want to get more shrimp too. Not ghost shrimp though because my angels ate 2 of them :eek: I want either bamboo shrimp or marble shrimp.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts