Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And folks we are back online! Thanks to yours truly.

OFL if you ever see this, don't get mad, think of all the people that need this...
Now you think they are good enough to use....funny how that is now that you guys ran me off....:-?

·
Super Moderator
3,247 Posts
No one ever questioned that they were not good enough to use. It was the fact they were never discussed with the "team" and made a sticky in the first place.

No one also questioned your knowledge but we did find it somewhat frustrating that you neither post in Moderator area or checked things with the team before doing them. This is not how moderators operate. We work as a team.

I have to say as well, the fact when you joined as a member, you agreed that anything you post on the forum becomes forum property (this includes articles). They will be credited to you but we can use them on the site if we see fit.

We value your contributions to the forum and I for one would like to see you continue offering help to our members, you know what is acceptable and what is not. No one is above the forum rules not even Mods we all agree to abide by them and would require you to do the same. We would not like to lose a member an former moderator over what seems a trivial matter.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
What Neil says is absolutely true.

I was upset that you were repeatedly sticking threads without posting them in mod discussion for us to review first. This policy has always been in place, even before the Skype discussion. It was never that they were not good enough. Everyone knows you have lots of knowledge to share. I was upset because I felt you were not being a team player.

Brenda, please believe me when I say I would not be so upset over that if I didn't think you had a lot to offer the team. I wanted you to participate more in our discussions.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I was asked and so were other mods, however, the only ones that wer un-stuck were the ones I did and there are several that I don't recall talking about either and yet the only ones remove was mine the first chance you got permission to do so...Without a simple PM to explain things to me since I am not updated with all the fancy gadgets or have computer knowledge like the rest of you....How do you think that makes a person feel?????

It takes a long time for me to even type something up as it is when you have little use of your hands/fingers-fine motor skills in general....try breaking your neck and living through it........

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
I was not present for any of the other stickies that other mods put up without discussion; that all happened before I was modded. I only saw you sticky yours with running it by the team first. I felt that this was a breach of conduct and I commited a breach of conduct of my own when I unstuck them without PMing you first. It's my fault and no one elses, Brenda.

I am truly sorry about this. I really am. It was never my intention to hurt you.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Brenda, I am at fault for not PMing you first. I should have come to you first with my concern about you sticking things without discussing them with the team.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Eveerything deleted................I am still pissed...especially after Dramaqueen response....You are 50 years old.......GRowup for crying out loud..............

By the way.....who is going to start answering the question from my sticky post that you re-posted-NOT ME..............I am no longer active...........

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Brenda, Neil answered it.

No one ever questioned that they were not good enough to use. It was the fact they were never discussed with the "team" and made a sticky in the first place.

No one also questioned your knowledge but we did find it somewhat frustrating that you neither post in Moderator area or checked things with the team before doing them. This is not how moderators operate. We work as a team.

I have to say as well, the fact when you joined as a member, you agreed that anything you post on the forum becomes forum property (this includes articles). They will be credited to you but we can use them on the site if we see fit.

We value your contributions to the forum and I for one would like to see you continue offering help to our members, you know what is acceptable and what is not. No one is above the forum rules not even Mods we all agree to abide by them and would require you to do the same. We would not like to lose a member an former moderator over what seems a trivial matter.
Brenda, I would like to ask you to return to the forum for the sake of the members who are asking for you. They shouldn't have to suffer for my foolish decision. Please consider it, for their sakes.

If you would like me to step down, I will.

·
Super Moderator
3,247 Posts
This is getting somewhat silly now.

Brenda, we highly value your experience and valued contribution to the forum. No one is asking you to be technically minded, no one wants to see you leave the forum. The members value your comments and we value having someone of your knowledge and experience on the site.

I am not going to beg but the members are happy the articles are back and ask that you please consider staying here and helping this forum grow to be even better.
What has happened has happened and for the sake of this going on, can we agree that you would consider staying and this is the end of the matter?

Reactions: dramaqueen

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
I think we can all agree that it was an error in judgement to remove them without notifying you first Brenda. Meg has apologized for doing that but we can't go back in time and do it differently.

So can we just move forward please? They're back out there because they're great pieces of information and yes, forum property.

Brenda, at this point it's up to you alone whether you want to stay active or not. I hope that when you cool down a bit that you decide to come back and participate.

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
Teresa you need to stay out of this if you can't stay calm. You're only making this unfortunate situation worse IMO.

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
Absolutely NOT....

Will I be a moderator again if I come back.
Brenda, this doesn't make sense to me. Not sure if you're saying that you absolutely wouldn't be a mod. if you come back or if you asked the question. :dunno: It looks like you're saying (to me anyway) "absolutely not" in response to Meg's comment since you quoted her.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Brenda, this doesn't make sense to me. Not sure if you're saying that you absolutely wouldn't be a mod. if you come back or if you asked the question. :dunno: It looks like you're saying (to me anyway) "absolutely not" in response to Meg's comment since you quoted her.
Sorry, it was a response to Meg and her stepping down.....

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Thank you, Brenda. I would have if it would have made things better but I'm glad you don't want me to.

Do you want to be a mod again?

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I thought I did, but the more I think about it-especially after this break from the board-the more I realize how much time I waste...nothing personal toward anyone.....What takes you 5min takes me 30min and as much as I enjoy this board and helping people...Its time for me to move on....

I have listed all my aquariums and stock for sale and getting out of the hobby all together-I don't have much longer left in this world and I need to make the best of it.... I need to make peace with myself and get back outside....This has nothing to do with this forum or what happened here either per se-it just helped me realize that I need a change in direction before its too late-It sucks getting old-especially when you have multi health problems-making it harder to grow old gracefully...lol.....So for that I say "Thank You"...often something good really can happen from something you think isn't so great....lol....Live and learn....

Nice knowing all of you guys.....

If there is anyway the PM thing can be turned off let me know so i can stop all the PM's from the members or ban me...doesn't matter since I won't be active....

And Sakura, you are fine in my mind and a valuable member and needed here-I have a great deal of respect for both you and Romad.

Take care everyone...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts