Tropical Fish Keeping banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ghost Shrimp live in environments from sea water to fresh, where the waterways to fresh are open.

Does anyone here have any experience with breeding ghost shrimp?

It matters not if the experience results were negative or positive, I would like to chronicle what others may have done to try to determine the best methods to begin trying it as a novice myself.

I keep mine in a 25 gal tank with slots of detritus sludge and breeding guppies intended as feeders. My desire is to breed the shrimp for feeders in my other tanks.

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
I'm not keen on breeding ghost shrimps but I had a female ghost shrimp carrying eggs last April. I placed her in a large empty tank(now occupied by my green arowana). Unfortunately, she looks stressed so I placed her in my community. The worse came in when the pencilfish tried to grab her eggs. :shock:
She got a second batch of eggs last month..unfortunately, my blue ram took his turn by grabbing the eggs and pecking the shrimps.: :?

Would just say ghost shrimps will breed easily if provided with several plants for hiding places.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I got a bag of 80-100 a couple of weeks back and put them in the small 25 gal tank for the puffer and, well, I don't know what it is but getting big and looks like a Chinese Dragon.

This would be the third time I've gotten them in, and they last for months, and stragglers seem to last a year or so. I'm wondering if maybe I should try putting them in the Bio Ball filter on the big tank next time???

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
Hi guys.:wave:

I will have to close this thread as it was created 3 months ago.:wink2: Also, CJ is rarely online and you may not be able to receive any reply. Unless he will notify us of his comeback, the thread will have to close.:)

Good luck with your hobby.:thumbsup:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.