Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, My first time here and I need some guidance please. My breeding pair of angels have laid eggs all down my filter tube, some are white and some are grey'ish. I have two questions, why is the female stopping the male going near the eggs? and what do I do with the eggs, I cannot move them to my breeding tank as this is already being used for my 30 new molly babies.
Daz

·
Registered
690 Posts
What to do depends on the outcome you'd like to see. Do you want a handful to keep for personal enjoyment, hundreds to sell or otherwise move on, or something in between?

·
Registered
690 Posts
Let nature take its course for this spawn, if it doesn't work out barricade things like filter intakes, heaters & such with decorations, cheap silk plants work well for this. Get a divider to separate the pair & eggs from tankmates, angels spawn every 7-14 days, I've found 9 days is about average. You'll want to put a sponge pre filter on filter intakes, keeps tiny fry from getting sucked in. Look into hatching baby brine shrimp as a first food for the fry, after 2-3 weeks they can be weaned onto decaps & such. You might end up with a dozen or so this way, some will sneak past the divider & end up being a snack, some won't survive past a month, but you should end up with a handful for personal enjoyment.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts