Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello... Started with a 6 gallon tank I bought at a thrift store thought it would be fun to have a couple fish , found out pretty quick that fish are work but I'm hooked. Recently I ordered a fish from an online store and now I'm dealing with ich, I have 4 tanks now and looking for number 5, I think I might be a fanatic.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hello... Started with a 6 gallon tank I bought at a thrift store thought it would be fun to have a couple fish , found out pretty quick that fish are work but I'm hooked. Recently I ordered a fish from an online 192.168.100.1 192.168.1.1 store and now I'm dealing with ich, I have 4 tanks now and looking for number 5, I think I might be a fanatic.
good luck with your project and welcome along :)

·
Vendor
11 Posts
Hello... Started with a 6 gallon tank I bought at a thrift store thought it would be fun to have a couple fish , found out pretty quick that fish are work but I'm hooked. Recently I ordered a fish from an online store and now I'm dealing with ich, I have 4 tanks now and looking for number 5, I think I might be a fanatic.
what are you tank sizes? A bigger tank can be easier to manage. With a small tank, smaller changes can have a bigger impact. For example, you do a partial water change, your replacement water is a little too hot or too cold, a larger tank can absorb the impact easier. My first tank was a 12 gallon, but I quickly upgraded to a 55 and had one of those for years and years. I got away with some stuff that would not have worked in a 6 gallon tank, at all.
I say, consider a 55 gallon, something at least bigger than 30, and keep some of your smaller tanks for quarantine, hospital, maybe breeding if you get into that.

Enjoy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts