Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning All :wave:

My boyfriend and I will be starting to set up a planted 46 gallon bow front this weekend for our betta sorority. We prefer the metal stands over the big wooden, but the metal ones only come rectangular. (I've never seen another shape)

We were thinking of buying a rectangular metal stand with a foot print larger than a 46 bow and putting a 3/4"-1" thick piece of wood on top of it.

Would this support the tank well enough?

Tank dimensions: 36 L x 15 W x 20 H
Stand dimensions: 38.5 L x 18.5 W x 33 H
Stand made for: 30/40/50 gallon breeder aquariums

Thanks =)

Jessica

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Morning All :wave:

My boyfriend and I will be starting to set up a planted 46 gallon bow front this weekend for our betta sorority. We prefer the metal stands over the big wooden, but the metal ones only come rectangular. (I've never seen another shape)

We were thinking of buying a rectangular metal stand with a foot print larger than a 46 bow and putting a 3/4"-1" thick piece of wood on top of it.

Would this support the tank well enough?

Tank dimensions: 36 L x 15 W x 20 H
Stand dimensions: 38.5 L x 18.5 W x 33 H
Stand made for: 30/40/50 gallon breeder aquariums

Thanks =)

Jessica
Any thoughts? I thought it would be fine. I've done it with smaller tanks on big stands. But nothing quite as large as the 46 gallon

Will be buying the stand Friday.

=)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.