Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, I bought a 45 gallon off of somebody a week ago, the price was perfect for everything, tank, stand, filter, heater etc. It also included the fish, 2 Frontosa Cichlids, 1 Convict Cichlid and 1 common Pleco. Upon research I noticed that neither the Frontosa nor the Pleco are supposed to be kept in a 45 gallon tank. He said that they have been in this tank for about 7 years now. The Convict is fine in a 45 gallon but both frontosa are about the same size, the pleco is a bit bigger. My question is since they lived in this tank for so long is it ok to keep them there now? Or do I have to rehome almost all? Or can I wait until the frontosa and the pleco outgrow the tank obviously by checking the water quality. I'm changing the substrate to sand with more rocks and hiding places and I've ordered some anubias and Salvinia auriculata as floating plants to give them a bit more shade since they are deep water fish and don't like too much light which is also perfect for the anubias. Any help is appreciated. I've included some pictures on how he had it set up and how it is for me right now.

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.