Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a 48 gallon with a good amount of plants, still adding more tho. any way i have 2 female blue rams and im looking for 2 males just to make them happy not really for breeding, but i want some tankmates, seeing as the tank is practically empty... i was thinking about some bolivians but i would like some color and already have angels in another so not really wanting them in this one. any suggestions will be greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
528 Posts
Any small peaceful schooling community fish would be fine with them. Small tetras, rasporas rummynose, peaceful being the key and water perimeters as well.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
The temperature is what makes it tough. Off the top of my head I can think of cardinal tetras, rummynose tetras, and Sterbai cories. There are other species that the top range is 82 F. Not totally ideal that way, but doable.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
The temperature is what makes it tough. Off the top of my head I can think of cardinal tetras, rummynose tetras, and Sterbai cories. There are other species that the top range is 82 F. Not totally ideal that way, but doable.
Agreed - GBRs do best in the low to mid 80's, which is warm for many species. Have you thought about discus? And there are probably some loaches, besides clowns, that like warm water. Dare I say, a group of female bettas?

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
I'm sure there was a reason... But yes we will never know it.

·
Registered
5,201 Posts
bacterial blooms aren't known to kill fish. More often than not, you won't know why a fish dies.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts