Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've had my blue "lobster" for a couple of months now. He has only ate one of our fish. We feed him algae rounds and he gets any leftovers that are laying around. We have a 55 gal with Tetras, gouramis, diff catfish and a pleco. Because most of them are fast moving he doesnt bother any of them. They all have their "own areas". He is quite a character and will climb all sorts of things. So far we havent had any problems with him except that we can't really keep any live plants with him because he'll demolish them haha. Other than he is an easy keeper. They are very good at keeping the tank tidy. Not all are physcotic fish killers. We have goldfish with him before, they were suppose to be food for him but he ended up not eating them and they never bothered him. They were comet goldfish and were fairly sized. As long as you keep them well fed and the fish have room and places to hide they should be ok. I'd only recommend tank mates that could swim away from him though. Because anything slow moving he could consider prey. When we got him at petco he had lots of fish in his log so I know he could catch a fish if he wanted but he hasn't really in our tank.
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
56 Posts
He's about 5 inches give or take. We think he killed one tetra. But other than that he lives the other fish alone. Our gourami sits next to him and he doesn't do any thing. Our pictus catfish has laid next to him a lot of times and has never once touched him. As far as I seen he keeps to himself
Posted via Mobile Device

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.