Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
How many freeze dried bloodworms should I give to my bettas a day? I feed all of them two pellets when I get up and go to bed, so I was just wondering. Thanks!
HarpaBetta

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
Depends on the size... one or two I expect. Experiment but remove what he doesn't eat so it doesn't foul your water.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys :)

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
In my experience, no betta has been able to refuse the frozen ones so don't follow the "whatever they can eat within two minutes" rule.

The frozen ones are much larger than the freeze dried so one or two for the smaller bettes and 3 would be fine for larger bettas.

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
Yes Romad that is what I was basing my suggestion of one or two from. And I've seen frozen ones be huge depending on the brand/supplier.
Is there any fish that will turn his nose up at Bloodworms and not be a piggy about them?

Reactions: Romad

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
Yes Romad that is what I was basing my suggestion of one or two from. And I've seen frozen ones be huge depending on the brand/supplier.
Is there any fish that will turn his nose up at Bloodworms and not be a piggy about them?
I'm glad I decided to pop back into this thread. Apparently, my coffee hadn't had any affect yet and I never finished my thoughts here about freeze-dried :oops:.

So................ for freeze dried, you should soak them in some tank water for 5 minutes or more to rehydrate them. And when I used dried, I would feed 4 or 5 depending on the size of them.

·
Administrator
9,804 Posts
None that I can think of :) When it's bloodworm day at the 75 gallon cafeteria, you would think that it's the last meal these fish will ever eat. It looks like a fish boil in the tank :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts