Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My angel fish's name is Goldie we recently moved in a pond putting her into her new tank she did get Popeye her Popeye has seemingly gone and ruptured but she still seems quite blind she's not bumping into anything she's not being bullied by anybody but she doesn't react to me at all anymore or the food when I put it in the tank I will attach a photo her eyes seem very cloudy almost dead like so I do think she lost her vision I just feel so bad for her she is a child to me the same as any of my children. My fear is that she's not eating now and will starve. I'm happy to see her swimming around and not bumping into the walls. She does seem to bounce off the floor. She's really so cute and sweet. I don't want her to starve. She does still react to me talking to her (seemingly). She's in a 29 gal with a Cory and some tetras with no false decorations other than the little bubble guy I have in there that blows bubbles.

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
My angel fish's name is Goldie we recently moved in a pond putting her into her new tank she did get Popeye her Popeye has seemingly gone and ruptured but she still seems quite blind she's not bumping into anything she's not being bullied by anybody but she doesn't react to me at all anymore or the food when I put it in the tank I will attach a photo her eyes seem very cloudy almost dead like so I do think she lost her vision I just feel so bad for her she is a child to me the same as any of my children. My fear is that she's not eating now and will starve. I'm happy to see her swimming around and not bumping into the walls. She does seem to bounce off the floor. She's really so cute and sweet. I don't want her to starve. She does still react to me talking to her (seemingly). She's in a 29 gal with a Cory and some tetras with no false decorations other than the little bubble guy I have in there that blows bubbles.
Unfortunately it does look as though she may not be able to see. It looks like she may have cataracts. Is there any way you can put her into a hospital tank where she'll be alone and less stressed. Then try feeding her her favorite food using a long tweezer or even your fingers. If she hasn't eaten in a while, then a high protein food is a must. Try getting the food as close to her mouth as possible. Even if she can't see the food she should be able to smell it. If she still doesn't eat, then you may want to look at treating her with a general cure cuz it's not normal for them to be bumping off the bottom of the tank. I've been raising angelfish for over 30 years as well as many other freshwater fish and if any of my fish started acting like that it usually meant something was wrong with the fish. I wish you the best of luck with your Goldie.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts