Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have a 55 gallon sorority tank, and 2-4 weeks ago I noticed a couple black spots on one of my girls. I assumed it was a a scar or something because she's kinda dark already and fights break out every now and then, but today there are a LOT more that weren't there yesterday. She's acting normally, but I really think this might be a parasite.

Back story an why I think it's a disease and not her coloring or something: About a week ago two of my girls started acting weird, I treated them for a bacterial infection and it worked for one but the over pineconed and didn't make it. Around the same time one of my African Dwarf Frogs got bloated and had fungus on his leg and foot, he didn't make it either. So there's something going around in my tank.

Ammonia is at 0, and all my other fish in there are fine.

I put her in quarantine and I feel like I should treat her with ich X. But that stuff seems kinda intense so I don't want to put her through that if I'm wrong. But from everything I've been seeing its probably a parasite. Should I try salt? Any advice is appreciated, thank you in advance.
Plant Water Terrestrial plant Aquatic plant Leaf vegetable

Water Plant Fin Underwater Organism

Plant Petal Twig Tints and shades Wood

·
Registered
432 Posts
Hi I have a 55 gallon sorority tank, and 2-4 weeks ago I noticed a couple black spots on one of my girls. I assumed it was a a scar or something because she's kinda dark already and fights break out every now and then, but today there are a LOT more that weren't there yesterday. She's acting normally, but I really think this might be a parasite.

Back story an why I think it's a disease and not her coloring or something: About a week ago two of my girls started acting weird, I treated them for a bacterial infection and it worked for one but the over pineconed and didn't make it. Around the same time one of my African Dwarf Frogs got bloated and had fungus on his leg and foot, he didn't make it either. So there's something going around in my tank.

Ammonia is at 0, and all my other fish in there are fine.

I put her in quarantine and I feel like I should treat her with ich X. But that stuff seems kinda intense so I don't want to put her through that if I'm wrong. But from everything I've been seeing its probably a parasite. Should I try salt? Any advice is appreciated, thank you in advance. View attachment 845296
View attachment 845294
View attachment 845295
This may be what's going on 🔽

1 - 2 of 2 Posts