Tropical Fish Keeping banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All my water perimeters are good, I do frequent water changes. I have set up a brand new 10 gallon tank. I have 3 black skirt tetras, 2 neons tetras, 2 red/orange tetras, 1 otocinculus, 1 panda Cory catfish, and a mystery snail. My tank consists of live plants and I noticed 4 days after getting the fish that one has a black skirt and the other ones have way more translucent. The one with the dark black stacks the other black skirt tetras but doesn’t show aggression to any other tank mates. Soemtimes the other black skirts will nip back at him. None of them are sick and I haven’t seen any nip marks or stuff like that. Please let me know what you think

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ah yess! Sorry, it just proves my theory even more :) Parameters have nothing to do with the aggression, but your numbers. See, you should have 6 or more skirt tetras to yes, relieve their aggression. Same with your other fish, but then this would make your tank overstocked since its just a 10 gallon. Give away neon tetras, the orange tetras and bump number of your skirt tetras up to 6-7, get 3 more ottos and 5 more panda cory catfish :) Also get more live plants, like tall one like anacharis, amazon swords and such. The amazon swords would need root tabs as they are heavy root feeders or they die.
Since you tank is new, would you mind posting its water parameters? Just asking out of curiosity :)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts