9 Tiger Barbs
1 Siamese Algea Eater
2 Clown Loach
1 Rainbow Shark
1 Bala Shark
2 Blue Ram
1 Upside Down Cat Fish

Some new and some a bit older.

I introduced an upside down cat fish about 3 months ago. It was hiding in the corner and black, so hard to see, however recently he's been noticeable because his head started to get covered in white. It then spread over his top of his body.

I've since taken him out and put him in a new hospital tanks. I dropped in some Sera Omnipur as suggested by the fish shop where I got him. He's been in there for the last 24 hours and he's very unhappy.

I plan to leave him in there for the next 3 days, or until the white patches have gone.

My concern is whether I am doing the right thing. Whether I should do more and whether I should treat my tank. I have a lot of algea growing in the tank and have had a few deaths. I'm thinking about resetting the entire tank as i think it's old. I also added new plants recently due to them being eaten by snails, and the new plants are already not looking very healthy.

I am also concerned that i have too many fish. The fish shop believe I am fine, but not sure.

If anyone has any advice, that would be great.

Regards,
Rebecca

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One more thing - should I feed the catfish while he is in the hospital tank? I tried to but he won't eat... How often should I change the water in the hospital tank and how often should I medicate?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I can't speak on what the white patches might be, but if your tank really is 125 liters than there's definitely a stocking issue. The clown loaches alone can get huge, I believe their minimum tank requirement when grown is 100 gallons/370ish liters. If you're really overstocked I expect you'll continue to have illness outbreaks in the tank.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts