Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
you have some true monsters, they are stunning you have done a good job with them they all look fat and happy :D
have you grown them all on? or bought big?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Both the Oscars are a year old. I bought them when they were a little smaller than 2". The Jag I bought when he was about 4" for $40. The Clown Knife I bought big 4-5 months ago at 15" for $55
I bought the big pleco large at 16" for about $10.

Thanks for the kind words. It has taken a lot of work to get this far. Within this year I will invest in a 300g tank. I'm afraid that the Clown Knife will out grow the 150g within the next year or two. Plus I really want a Arowana!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone!

The background I made about 9 months ago. I used cardboard, several pieces of large drawing paper taped together, and oil pastels. It took me about 6 hours, I wanted to take my time with it. I enjoy it being unique and colorful, even though I really like the look of a solid black painted background.
You probally saw it on Monsterfishkeepers.com.
Or Theoscartank.com I am a moderator there helping people with their oscars.

I love this site! Everyone is very friendly here! :D

·
Registered
765 Posts
Very lovely tank!! :D

i love the pleco....... :)

·
Registered
13,248 Posts
dlil said:
Tidy, but I've seen that backing somewhere before, where? its hand drawn :?
C'mon, Sherlock Holmes, most people are members of several forums and can use different usernames.:lol:

Nice fish by the way, theoscarlover.:thumbsup:

·
Banned
2,994 Posts
Thought I had seen it before, dispite Blueends sarcasm. I only had a quick peek last night, but there's some real beaut's in there. Congratulations. :nicefish:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Beautiful tank, and beautiful fish! You've obviously put a lot of effort into doing it. :D
~I take my hat off to you~ :)
How big is the tank, in length? Thanks. :D :D
Some time in the future, I will buy Oscars. It's a promise. :wink:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks everyone for the compliments!

Cathryn---My tank is 72" long. If/When you decide to get a Oscar just make sure you keep him/her in a 55 gallon tank if it will be by itself. If you want more occupents, I recomend getting as big of a tank as your pockets can handle. Its quite easy to find cheap tanks in your area. I have had excellent luck with craigslist.com

1 - 14 of 14 Posts