Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey. I just had some random/crazy idea outta NOWHERE.

I was thinking we could have some sort of BettaFest to honor bettas and celebrate them and... yeah. we could hold it on Tinychat, a chat where members can talk and blah. I don't want to use the TFK chat because Tinychat will let us watch youtube videos together as a group and all and Tinychat just feels better somehow. We could share betta care tips, betta stories, have a betta rp... anything betta related. It'd be fun. Kinda like a little party. We can have a scheduled time and all... share betta videos, you get the idea, right?

I also made a tinychat chat. link: http://tinychat.com/BettaFest

So if you all agree, maybe we could start planning and all...
If not, I'll be fine. Besides, it's not the end of the betta-fishy world. :lol:

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
What a sweet idea!

I personally would prefer to host an event like this on TFK, actually on a thread, as opposed to a chat room, IF we decide to allow it.

Doing it "live" would limit participation, as we are not all available at the same time or on the same time zone, there are many members who would be left out.

I *also* don't like the idea of using an outside source such as tinychat - I prefer to keep our members here on TFK/BF as a rule, and I doubt that using tinychat is something that would be supported by the forum Admin, or the rest of the mods.

With that said, there is nothing to stop you from PMing a few friends to join you there for a private bettafest party, if that is what you'd like to do - but be aware that it would not be a forum-supported venture. . . so you may be limited as far as your abillity to publicly post about it on-forum.

Bear in mind that I'm only speaking for myself, and not representing all of the moderators in voicing my thoughts here. We will be sure to bring this up in discussion, and let you know what we come up with!

Thanks for stopping in to ask! ^__^

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
Little Leaf I just checked out the link to the chat room and I'm really not at all liking the fact that someone COULD identify themselves via Facebook in REAL LIFE. The reason we have people on here as "avatar" names is so that people can remain anonymous!
Especially children who are under 18 years of age. You must be more careful!

I do not at all advise this as we don't advocate members asking others to go off the Forum to participate in anything elsewhere. At least if something happens here, you can report it to a mod and the trouble maker can be banned. There is NO control on that chat room.

Start a thread and just have a fun discussion.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
@Chesh OK. BTW I'm fine with not using Tinychat, btw I don't get what you meant when you said:
With that said, there is nothing to stop you from PMing a few friends to join you there for a private bettafest party, if that is what you'd like to do - but be aware that it would not be a forum-supported venture. . . so you may be limited as far as your abillity to publicly post about it on-forum.
@Seahorse There's a guest button where someone could use their forum name and come in as a guest, but OK. I don't really like tinychat that much, too much LAG.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
ahh, sorry that I wasn't clear!

I meant that if you wanted to have a private/personal "party" using tinychat - there is nothing that the forum will do to prevent you from doing so! You'd just have to contact your friends via PM, and not post it publicly. ^__^

Does that clarify it for you?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, thanks :D

Reactions: Chesh

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Good! I'll letcha know what the others think on this one - but like Seahorse said, you can just start a thread on your own and host it that way! Post here to let us know if you do - I'd love to stop by!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts