Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My female betta in a 10g sorority with 3 other bettas appears to have finrot and some fungus on the end. The other bettas look good (aside from some nipped fins) and I was wondering hwo to treat her. I have live plants and don't want to harm them so I was thinking I could give her salt baths?? I have some melafix but that isn't the best medication. I only have that and aquarium salt >.<

Ill try to be better with water changes (cleaned it today and ill try to again on Wednesday) to help speed up the treatment. Temp is 24/25C and ph is 6.8. No ammonia or nitrites. I've had the girls since December 26 2011 and this is the first time any of them have gotten sick :) quite pleased with myself about that :)

Thx for any help peoples 8D, Cass

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
why do you say melafix isnt the best meds? i have used it with great sucess and it doesnt change water color mess with bb and it formulated from natrual ingredents. takes about a week to cure but gets the job done.
I didnt say its bad, just hasnt helped me with dealing with advanced diseases in the past. Should i start dosing or would it hurt the plants?? Ill give her a salt bath now

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I meant very advanced finrot, like almost down to the body. I already gave the salt math and she looks quite a bit better. The fungus is gone but i gave it anyway. Her finrot looks pretty bad though. Oh well, time for Melafix

Ugh sick fish are such a pain :/

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
She has both, fungus and finrot

1 - 8 of 8 Posts