Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to be starting up a betta sorority in the next few months. Right now I'm still in the planning phase. I have a 55gal that I'll be using for it. I know I want it heavily planted so there's plenty of hidey holes. Everything I've read says to always add all female bettas at the same time. So here's my question. I'll be getting them from my local fish shop. However, if it so happens that they don't have as many as I want when I go to purchase, how long could they safely stay in their cups until the next shipment of females comes in? I don't want to set up and cycle a bunch of small tanks just for a week or two if they can just stay in their cups for that long. I've had good luck with their females living peacefully in a community tank (even 2-3 in the same tank with other community fish) but I've always been able to take them out of their cups same day I bought them.
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Your tank is large enough that additions later on shouldn't be an issue. Those guidlinesare more for smaller tanks. If there's enough breaks in line on sight they should be fine.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay thank you! I'll just make sure there are plenty of plants and other decor to break the tank up and see how it goes. 🙂

1 - 3 of 3 Posts