Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello please help me! I’m afraid I have killed my betta fish. I’ve been trying to treat him for months for fin rot and possibly fungus as well, I’m not sure? His top fin melted away and part of his back has been eaten away and there is white on the top of his back where the decay is. I’ve tried probably 5 different medications and it hadn’t gotten any worse but not any better either. He had been eating well and just lying on his leaf most of the time. He could still swim but his back end would keep sinking down. Fast forward- I dosed him with Jungle Fungus Clear for a 3 gal tank which may have been on the high side (his tank is possibly only 2.5) but everything was fine until the 4th day when I did a 25% water change like it says on the box and then gave a second dose. I dosed it for 3 gallons again and that was a huge mistake. He’s been gray and lying on the bottom ever since (it’s been about a day and a half). As soon as I saw him, about 12 hrs after I gave the second dose, I changed his water and got the medication out but I’m afraid he is not going to recover. Can anyone help me out? I don’t want him to keep suffering like this. If he’s not going to recover I need to end his misery. I’m so sad that I hurt him! He’s still breathing so I know he’s still alive. Thank you I would appreciate any advice.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts