Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey! :D This isn't a problem/complaint so much as a suggestion. :)

I've noticed the past few days that the forum seems to have editing totally disabled on posts after just a few minutes. Most of the time it's not really a major issue, but it's really inconvenient at times--especially in the Betta Art subforum.

Typically in forums, users run art commission/freebie threads in such a way that the first thread has rules, information, and previous commissions. (Or the first 2-3 posts, usually an artist will "reserve" a few posts for artwork) This is only possible, of course, if you can edit a post long after making it to include more recent artwork, update information, etc. With the editing disabled after just a few minutes, this becomes completely impossible, however.

It's not only a matter of convenience for the artist, though... When users receive art, unless the artist PMs them directly, they're expected to sift through a thread (which may have one new post or may have 3 pages of new posts) to find their artwork! It's a hassle for both parties and can be very disorganized and discouraging for everyone.

I had two potential suggestions to fix this (other than just forum-wide enabling perma-editing): one would be to enable perma-editing on users own posts in the Betta Art subforum only. The other would be to create some sort of "artist" usergroup that forum members could apply for. It would essentially be exactly the same as any basic member group, but would allow artist users to edit their posts and run art threads in a more efficient way. :)

·
Administrator
5,465 Posts
Thanks for the question. I don't have a clue so we'll have to run this by the Team and our Admin. The time limit yes is 20 minutes to edit your own post and generally from then on you have to ask a Mod to do it for you.
Worst case scenario you post a picture in a thread, report it using the report button, and ask for the attachment to be moved to post number "x" sort of thing. (if that can be done.)
We'll chat about it... this may take awhile to get an answer for you tho.

JB

1 - 2 of 2 Posts