Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a sand substrate, tropical freshwater aquarium at about 6.5-7 pH, 76F, and fairly planted. 2 strong filters.

I'm having an algae problem after placing a plant that was covered in green hair algae in my big tank. At first I had this problem in my 15 gallon, which is now dismantled, and I thought I had gotten rid of the algae problem in that tank but when I moved the plants from the algae-infested 15 gallon into my 60 gallon, BAM! green hair algae is EVERYWHERE instead of the usual small amounts of brown algae I get on my glass in that tank. DX

Anyways. My set up is going to be:
4 angelfish
6 zebra danios*
5 black kuhli loaches*
5 albino corydora
1 male swordtail/platy hybrid
Pleco**

*do not have them in my tank yet, but will.
**Want a pleco, but don't know if that'd be the best?

So basically I want a peaceful fish that will take care of this algae problem and won't be bothered by my active fish or my semi-aggressive angels. I'm reading a pleco will fit into my tank, but there's so many kinds.

I'm thinking Rubber or Bristlenose! Now, they can be kept solo, correct?

I've also read you must pre-soak driftwood. Do you pre-soak the driftwood in water treated with prime or just normal tap?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
Now, they can be kept solo, correct?
The species mentioned can be kept solo; most - if not all - pleco's can be kept singularly. Personally I would pre-soak with prime; but that's just worry-wart me. :)

Reactions: Veresei
1 - 2 of 2 Posts