Tropical Fish Keeping banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wanting to know everyone's opinion for the best/favorate Cichlid flake food.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i used to do colorbits, but now im on a strict frozen food diet. better for them than pellets

·
Registered
21 Posts
i have two jewel cichlids (west african) and i feed them normal tropical fish food flakes and every like third or fourth day i feed them some frozen blood worms which they seem to like, but so does all the other fish in the tank. i also feed my red eye tetra tetra bits but the jewels seem not to prefer it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
poohbeah said:
i have two jewel cichlids (west african) and i feed them normal tropical fish food flakes and every like third or fourth day i feed them some frozen blood worms which they seem to like, but so does all the other fish in the tank. i also feed my red eye tetra tetra bits but the jewels seem not to prefer it.
Are you worried that the blood worms will clog their digestive system?

·
Registered
21 Posts
i don't want to give it to them every day because i like some diversity in their diet meaning that they don't get the same food every day.

·
Registered
656 Posts
I never fed any flake there are a lot of good pellet options for cichlids and they suit their eating habbits better imo.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts